Wassa Wassa Workshops present Sadjo Sissokho
Drum & Dance Ensemble features up to 20 drummers & dancers performing the rhythms of West Africa with unique contemporary arrangements. Stage shows and parades are really lively, colourful, high-energy events.
These performances also work great in outdoor/parade settings & we can train participants in workshops to perform at festival parades which we provide face paint & costumes for.
Workshops Available for Festivals:
Percussion Workshops/Drum Circles
- Take an instrument and learn a full rhythm from start to finish!
- Programmes tailored to suit different age groups and levels
- Participants can be prepped to perform in parade/festival events
African Dance Workshop
- Introduction to the origins and basic components of African Dance
- Facilitated by experienced dance instructors with fantastic attention to detail
- Adaptability to suit almost all age groups
Badge Making Workshop
- Participants work with collage & mixed materials to create a badge/pin
- A unique workshop that challenges participants to think outside the box
Garment Up-Cycle & Tie-Dye
- Work with used & constructed clothing to engineer your own creative elements to
- Re-create funky new wearables using dying, tying stitching & embellishing techniques that you’ll have for life!
- Participants design and paint an authentic African Calabash (Gourd)
- All calabash are supplied by us and participants keep their creations
*Child Protection Policy, Facilitator Profiles & Safety Satements available on request